Technical Lead @ Brave Software
- Technical guidance and project management of Brave Payments
- Brave Payments is used by 10K+ creators to collect BAT crypto token contributions given from Brave Browser.
Senior Software Engineer @ Brave Software
2016-08 – 2018-01
- Created BAT crypto token creator-facing website Brave Payments (Ruby on Rails)
- Worked on cross platform web browser (Muon, an Electron fork; React)
- Did devops for web services (AWS; Heroku; Terraform)
- Worked on browser performance and wrote automated perf tests (Chromedriver; Travis)
Senior Software Engineer @ Entelo
2014-02 – 2016-07
- Worked on a professional people search engine ($100Ms ARR)
- Distributed systems, data pipelines
- Ruby, Rails, JS, CSS
- Devops, AWS
- 5+ TB primary DB
- Created an API integration framework for applicant tracking systems.
- Created Track, an email client which measures outbound email engagement to help you send good emails.
- Intro-ed team to Docker, now used in prod for data processing.
Software Engineer @ Leap Motion
2012-10 – 2013-04
- Worked on infrastructure supporting the Leap motion sensor.
- Device web backend, App curation tools, E-commerce site.
- 1M+ users
Software Engineer @ Expensify
2011-02 – 2011-11
- Created “SmartScan” receipt data capture and OCR system
- Created HTML5 canvas image editor
- PHP, JS, SQL
Automated Trolling Machine
- Instead of giving you cash it trolls you.
- Used ATM shell + LED strips + Raspberry Pi + Web UI
- I made a the UI – a basic adventure game “framework”.
- Collaboration with Jeremy Guillory and eV Quirk.
- Web game where you idle to gain exp and items.
- 9000+ users
- BA, Molecular and Cell Biology @ UC Berkeley (2010)
- Valedictorian @ Marin Catholic High School (2006)
- Co-author @ Quantitative estimation of activity and quality for collections of 2013 functional genetic elements, Nature Methods 10, 347–353 (2013)
- Top 0.1% North America @ League of Legends (2013)
- Founder @ elecTONIC, UC Berkeley electronic music student org (2008)