Technical Lead @ Brave Software
- Provided technical guidance and project management for Brave Payments. (code on Github).
- 10,000+ creators use Brave Payments as the frontend to the BAT crypto token contribution system within the Brave web browser.
Senior Software Engineer @ Brave Software
2016-08 – 2018-01
Brave Software is a web browser company which protects people’s privacy and security on the Internet.
- Created BAT crypto token creator-facing website Brave Payments. (code on GitHub)
- Co-created encrypted browser data sync library brave/sync.
- Worked on cross platform web browser written in Muon (Electron fork) and React.
- Deployed web services; used Terraform.
- Worked on browser performance and wrote automated perf tests.
Senior Software Engineer @ Entelo
2014-02 – 2016-07
Entelo is a SaaS company whose primary product is a professional people search engine. Company revenue during my time was $100Ms ARR.
- Worked on core search engine, including data acquisition, processing, indexing and frontend.
- Tech included: Elasticearch, Docker, Ruby, RDBMS size 5+ TB.
- Deployed services to AWS; used config managment.
- Created an API integration framework for applicant tracking systems.
- Created Track, an email client which instruments outbound email engagement.
Software Engineer @ Leap Motion
2012-10 – 2013-04
The Leap Motion is a USB peripheral sensing hands in 3D space.
- I worked on infrastructure supporting the sensor: Web backend, App curation tools, E-commerce site.
- User base of 1M+.
Software Engineer @ Expensify
2011-02 – 2011-11
Expensify makes nice expense reporting software.
- Created “SmartScan” receipt data capture and OCR system.
- Created HTML5 canvas image editor.
Automated Trolling Machine
- Instead of giving you cash it trolls you.
- Used ATM shell + LED strips + Raspberry Pi + Web UI
- I made a the UI – a basic adventure game “framework”.
- Collaboration with Jeremy Guillory and eV Quirk.
- Web game where you idle to gain exp and items.
- 9000+ users
- BA, Molecular and Cell Biology @ UC Berkeley (2010)
- Valedictorian @ Marin Catholic High School (2006)
- Co-author @ Quantitative estimation of activity and quality for collections of 2013 functional genetic elements, Nature Methods 10, 347–353 (2013)
- Top 0.1% North America @ League of Legends (2013)
- Founder @ elecTONIC, UC Berkeley electronic music student org (2008)